COMPANY WEBSITE POLICY PRIVACY
1. Identity and contact details of Data Controller The Data Controller for your personal data is Copan Italia S.p.A., with registered office at via Perotti 10, 25125 Brescia (Italy).
3. Purposes of processing The processing of your personal data by Copan will be carried out for purposes related to the management and administration of the company website. In particular, the processing of your personal data will be carried out to - enable browsing of the website - statistically analyse the visits to the website in an aggregate manner
4. Legal basis of processing The legal basis is represented by the legislation on Simplified Arrangements to Provide Information and Obtain Consent Regarding Cookies of 8 May 2014. In view of the type of data, prior opt-in consent by the user is not requested on the condition that the user is provided with simplified means to opt-out.
5. Method of processing The personal data is processed with automated systems for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which it has been collected. Specific security measures are complied with in order to prevent loss of data, illegal or incorrect use and unauthorised access.
6. Personal Data Subject to Processing Browsing data: the IT systems and the software procedures provided for operation of this website acquire some personal data (so-called log files), during their normal operation of which the transmission is implicit in the use of the Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected to be associated with identified data subjects, but it could, due to its very nature, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow the users to be identified. This data category includes the IP addresses or the domain names of the computers used by the users who connect to the Site, the URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers) of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used for submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (good result, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the operating system and the user’s IT environment. This data is only used to obtain anonymous statistical information regarding use of the Site and to check the correct operation. The data could be used for checking responsibilities in the event of hypothetical cyber crimes harmful for the site and may be exhibited to the Judicial Authorities, if this is specifically requested. Data provided voluntarily by the user: the facultative, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mails to the addresses indicated on this site results in the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, which is necessary to reply to the request, as well as any other personal data entered in the message. Specific summarising information will be progressively shown or displayed in the pages of the site prepared for particular services upon request.
7. Categories of recipients of personal data The data collected via internet will not be divulged or communicated to third parties who have not be appointed.
10. Complaint to a Supervisory Authority Lastly, in accordance with Article 77 of the Regulation, it should be noted that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Personal Data Protection Commission) if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the Regulation.
11. Nature of processing and mandatory requirement to provide personal data Much of the data requested is necessary (also in the execution of obligations deriving from legal regulations) for setting up and continuing the business relationship. In some cases, failure to provide the data may result in failure to continue the relationship.
12. Existence of automated decision-making processes for data processing It should be noted that there is no type of automated decision-making process for the personal data processing, in accordance with Article 22 of the Regulation.
DEFINITIONS, CHARACTERISTICS AND APPLICATION OF THE REGULATIONS
- “analytics cookies" where they are used directly by the site controller to collect information, in an aggregate manner, on the number of users and on how they visit the site;
- browsing or session cookies (for authentication);
- functional cookies, which allow browsing by the user according to a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided. On the other hand, prior consent by the user is required for the use of “profiling cookies", that is, those cookies aimed at creating profiles relative to the user and used in order to send advertising messages in line with preferences shown by the user whilst browsing.
TYPE OF COOKIES USED BY THE SITE
First-party cookies are the cookies generated and used by the controller of the site on which the user is browsing. These cookies, both technical and performance, are limited: in the first case to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) which allow a secure and efficient browsing of the website; in the second case they are used for statistical purposes for detecting unique users, content displayed or downloaded etc.; an example is Google Analytics. The data is stored anonymously and is used in an aggregate manner. In particular, in order to disable the Google Analytics cookies, it is possible to use a special additional component made available by Google. To install it click here.
Third-party cookies, such as, for example, those setup using the Facebook “Like” button, are cookies generated and used by parties other than the controller of the site on which the user is browsing, on the basis of agreements between the website owner and the relative third party. Some advertisers user these cookies to track the user’s visits to sites on which they offer their services. The browser can be modified to deactivate the cookies by using a very simple procedure. Warning: if these cookies are deactivated the username and the password will no longer be stored on the website login box.
HOW TO MANAGE YOU PREFERENCES FOR COOKIES USING THE BROWSER
The user can select which cookies to authorise using the procedure in the Cookie settings section, as well as authorise, block or delete (fully or partly) the cookies using the specific functions of the relative browser or by using specific software: however, if all or some of the cookies are disabled it may no longer be possible to consult the Site or some services or certain functions of the Site may no longer be available or not operate correctly and/or the user may be forced to modify or enter manually some information or preferences every time the Site is visited. In order to obtain further information on how to set the preferences on use of the cookies through the particular browser consult the relative instructions:
• Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
• Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%2520e%2520disattivare%2520i%2520cookie
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it&topic=14666&ctx=topic
• Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&fac=all&q=cookies%2520safari
It should be noted that Google (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245) provides visitors, who do not want information relative to their browsing to be sent to Google Analytics, the possibility of installing an "opt-out browser add-on" which is available for more modern browsers (see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).